CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

8.09.2010

So tomorrow Emory will be getting PE tubes in her ears. To tell you the truth, I'm not really nervous about the procedure. I'm more nervous that she can't have anything to eat or drink from midnight on, and she often wakes around 3-5 to nurse as well as when she wakes up around 7. I'm a bit nervous about what to expect when she is waking up from the procedure as well. Andy voiced today that he was really worried about the procedure. I think we're both ready to get it over with and hoping and praying that it will clear up the problems she has been having.

It's only Monday, but so far today I've had a lot of anxiety over this week. There are a couple of big events happening for us that we are nervous about and worried about. Well, tonight we decided we would go to the grocery store FINALLY. Andy got home and we loaded up Emory and headed to Wal-Mart. She was getting sleepy but was in a good mood. Close to the end of the trip, Andy took her out of the buggy to hold her because she was getting a little restless.

We were in the ice cream area and Andy and Emory were looking at ice cream for daddy when a woman pushed her buggy around the corner and I noticed her baby in the front. The baby looked small, but was sitting up like Emory. I was a little confused at first because the baby was bald and tiny like she was 8-9 months old, but seemed more alert like a 1-2 year old. I then heard the mom say "put on your mask" and noticed that the baby had a mask she was wearing around her neck. I realized then that this baby must have had some type of disease.

I tried not to stare and when I turned around they were gone. For some reason I get the feeling that the mom turned around on purpose after seeing us, but I could be wrong. We walked around the corner in the direction they had just walked in and I didn't see them anywhere.

But that brief moment made me realize that all of my fears were nothing compared to this woman and her baby and what they are going through. I don't even KNOW what they are going through really. All of my petty frustrations and fears from the day just sort of melted away as I watched Emory grab at things and smile and giggle.

I feel like this was a sign to me to realize what I have at this moment. I have Emory's health, Andy's health, my own health. I have a good job and a home to go to. I have a family - and all this can change in the blink of an eye. I realize that my anxiety is not always uncalled for and that I have a right to worry - but this made me really thank God for what He has given me thus far.

I will update on Emory's surgery soon. I just had to share this experience today.

Deut. 31:8
"It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed."


Photobucket



1 comment:

The Hills said...

You are so right about what a blessing health is. And this may not help because I know that everyone responds differently, but when Olivia had her tubes put in, I was warned about how she might be flailing, scared, and out of control after coming out of the procedure. They prepared me for her to be disoriented. So, I took a deep breath and went to see her afterwards, and she was sleeping, sucking her thumb, and perfectly content. They were amazed at how she responded! So, I have faith that Emory will do great and will make sure to send up a prayer or two for you all. Let us know how she does!