CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

8.24.2010

His Plans

So I haven't had much to blog about this past week. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed, to be quite honest. I don't know why I feel this way or what has necessarily changed to make me feel this way, I just do. I think it's the combination of things that have been happening to my friends and loved ones, constant prayer that has been needed, a house that never seems to get clean because I'm too tired, a baby waking up frequently and who is into EVERYTHING, covering in the kitchen at work because we haven't had a cook, my workload piling up because I've been without a computer, etc.

I shouldn't complain. I am so blessed. I know it everytime I look into Emory's blue-gray eyes. I feel it when Andy does sweet things for me, like surprising me with a spa mani/pedi for me AND a friend because I "deserve it". I see it when I look around and see this messy house - because I have enough belongings to make it messy in the first place.


I try to remind myself of these things but it does get awful tiring at times.


I told Andy today that I don't think I could possibly be a mother of 3 children and work full time. Seriously, hats off to working mothers!


I'd like to share a fabulous story with y'all because I just can't get my dear friend Jodie out of my mind and off of my heart. If you've read my blog for awhile, you know her story. Jodie and I were pregnant at (sort of) the same time. She had a lot of trouble getting pregnant and after fertility treatments, finally found out that she was pregnant. With TWINS! Jodie found out at 20 weeks that Baby A had Spina Bifida. Although they were hopeful that he would not be severe, they took on the challenge with grace and knowing that this was God's plan for them.


At birth, Eli had a lot of problems and after only 5 days, Jodie and her husband decided to take him off life support. That was one year ago. On August 8th, Jodie, Jesse, and Walker (Eli's twin), mourned the loss of Eli.


That is also the day they found out that they were pregnant.


Read her story here.



Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."





Photobucket

1 comment:

FrouFrouBritches said...

Amen! Hats off to working moms! I did it with two, but after the third, I stayed home. I don't know how they get it all done!

So happy for your friend. Hang in there honey. It does get better. So glad you have a sweet Hubby to do sweet things for you!