CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3.06.2010

My Day

Yesterday was Show Us Your Life - What Is Your Typical Day? on Kelly's Korner Blog. I have just recently started reading her blog and thought I'd try out a Show Us Your Life post. I know I'm a day late but I did nothing but run, run, run yesterday (and Andy, Emory, and I fell asleep at 8:00 last night!) so here it is!

My day is c r a z y - and usually varies greatly whether I am traveling for work or if it's a night Andy is in class. On a normal day, I get up around 6 and get ready in a hurry so I can be dressed before Emory wakes up. After I'm ready, I'll get my breakfast and lunch ready and then wake Em up, get her dressed for the day, and feed her. If it's a Monday or Thursday I'll load her up and we'll head off to work together, but if it's a Tuesday or Wednesday my mother-in-law comes to our house to babysit for the day. On Fridays Andy takes her to my sister's house. I try to get to work by 7:15 or 7:30.

Work tasks vary greatly as well, but you can count on a busy day but usually lots of small breaks to chat with co-workers who just happen to be some of my good friends!

Around 3:30 I'll head home. Sometimes my mother-in-law has cooked us supper, which is such a great help since Andy and I both work and he's in grad school. I usually will play with Em for awhile when I get home. We try to work on her exercises, like tummy time or rolling over!




She'll start to get tired around 5 or 6 and take a small nap. Andy will come home and play with Em for awhile.




Andy and I will eat supper (if it's a night that his mom hasn't cooked, he'll come home from work and make us dinner). We'll watch some t.v. for a few minutes and give Em a bath and get her ready for bed. She usually is in her crib by 8 or 8:30, at which time I'll go take a shower (BEST part of my day - complete solitude!!) and get ready for bed. Andy and I will usually watch some t.v. before bed and around 10 I'll try to get in bed since Emory has been waking up every 2-3 hours lately because she's getting her first TOOTH in!

Life with an infant is SO much more hectic than I ever thought it would be! I didn't put in there anywhere about housework, but usually after dinner I'll clean up the kitchen and throughout the afternoon I'll usually have laundry going or something. I've always been OCD about housework but it's SO hard with a little one, and working full time on top of a baby is exhausting! So I've had to learn to let a few things go - which has been a very hard lesson for me, but necessary if I want to stay sane!

I don't have a lot of time to do personal things but I'm on the search for a new Bible study. I could really use something uplifting right now!

Overall, I LOVE my life - every bit of it, even though at times it is overwhelming and exhausting, and I try to cherish every moment that God has given me!

Exodus 20:6
"And showing mercy to thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments."


No comments: