CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3.24.2010

Couch Potato

So right now I feel like a semi-poor mother because my 4 month old is sitting in her bouncy seat watching Mickey Mouse Playhouse! Seriously, she has been SO fussy these past few days and this afternoon I just couldn't take it. I tried everything and finally put some Orajel on her gums. She seemed a little better but still randomly screaming and freaking out so I finally just turned on the t.v. and sat her in front of it! Voila! She is now kicking her legs and soaking it up! I really needed a minute to just sit down anyway. Sometimes I feel like all I do is work, come home and entertain this crazy little one, and squeeze in a little couch potato time at night to watch a show or two! I never imagined life with an infant would be this way, but I wouldn't trade it, either!

The weeks are literally flying back in a whir of busy-ness. Last Saturday my best friend Stephanie and I went to a wedding of a friend that we lived with in college. It was a beautiful wedding and reception!! I hate that I didn't get any pictures, but it was raining outside so my camera really wasn't on my mind when I was trying to scurry into the church. Steph and I didn't stay very long. Emory has double ear infections a g a i n so I wanted to get home semi-early in case she needed me.

Sunday afternoon we went to my parent's house to celebrate my sister's 30th birthday! Again...no pictures of this either (yet). I know! I'm such a bad picture taker. My husband takes more pictures than I do! I just never think about it!

It's almost Thursday but this week for some reason is really dragging by. I think it's because I'm very excited for Friday, which is Emory's 4 month checkup. I'm always really excited for her doctor visits (um...unless she's sick) because I love to hear how the doctor thinks she is doing and developing and I love to see how long she is and how much she weighs. She is getting to be so much fun, although it is still stressful sometimes!

I hope to post more this Friday if I have time to update on how Emory's appointment went. Here is a quick shot I took with my phone last Saturday when Emory fell asleep. Hopefully more to come! I promise I'll get better at this picture thing!



Nahum 1:7 NKJV
"The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; And He knows those who trust in Him."

1 comment:

FrouFrouBritches said...

We all have to park them in front of the TV every once in awhile just for our sanity sake! Teething is the worst, isn't it?