CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

8.31.2009

Getting Ready for Emory - 28 Weeks

Sigh..yet again I had an entire blog written and ready to come finish today and I just deleted the entire thing. It just didn't seem to fit everything that is going on in my mind today.

I am so thankful to be 28 weeks now. YES I know I have not updated my picture yet...just haven't gotten around to it. I like to try to get those when I look halfway decent which is usually never during the week! Emory is so active now. I have even felt her hiccup, which is definitely so exciting. I went to the doctor yesterday for my landmark 28 week visit. I was so excited because it is the beginning of so many things. For one, I have now entered into the 3rd trimester! Two, I now have to start going to the doctor every 2 weeks, which is another exciting step and I hope it will make the time go by faster. Third, I now get to get measured at each appointment also. He pulled out the measuring tape yesterday and said "you're big enough now that we can measure you" and I thought, "no kidding?!" But it was a neat experience.

Yesterday I also had my glucose test and a CBC drawn. I had to drink the dreaded orange sugar drink and wait an hour and then they drew my blood. As soon as I started drinking the drink, Dr. Garner came in and wanted me to lay down so he could listen to Emory's heartbeat. She immediately responded to the sugar! She kicked at him as he moved the doppler around!

Today I found out that my CBC came back great (meaning - no anemia) but, sadly, I did not pass my glucose test. Grrr...so I have to return tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. for my fasting 3 hour test. I'm a little nervous but just going to take it a step at a time. If I end up failing it means I have gestational diabetes, and if that is the case, I will do whatever I need to do to control it and keep us healthy. If I pass, great, but I still am going to try to watch what I eat. I really don't feel that I eat terrible, but there are times when I probably shouldn't eat that bowl of ice cream or whatever.

Andy has been super busy around the house and in his MBA program at U of A. He has really been on the ball trying to get the house finished and I'm so thankful to have him!

In other news...I have had a rather disappointing day but it's something I'd rather not discuss publicly at this point. I guess life hands you these types of days so you can appreciate the better ones.

Hopefully I will get a new picture posted soon. Just a few more weeks now...and in the meantime, fall is coming!!!

Philippians 4:6
"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."

1 comment:

Science Bear said...

You'll make it through this Danya! I saw you had posted the glucose tolerance test didn't go well but I'm sure it has very little to do with anything you could control.

Hope whatever is wrong sorts its self out. You're one of the strongest people I know and I'm sure you'll be fine.

:) The RD You Know in PA