CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

9.22.2009

Fatigue, Heartburn, Hormones, Mood Swings, Back Aches, Swollen Ankles...

...and the list goes on!!! I'm definitely not trying to complain about being 31 1/2 weeks pregnant. I am so happy to be at this point...but I can't wait to be to the finish line!! This week heartburn has taken a prominent role in every evening and it is very uncomfortable. There isn't much you can do about it, either, except take Pepcid and wish it away! I have been a little more tired this week with swollen ankles and occasional back pain as well as moodiness from all of the hormones. I got really down on Sunday about my diabetes but am doing better today.

Today at work I was talking about the diabetes thing with our nurse and she was so caring and sweet! She told me I was doing a great job and better than all of the pregnant women she dealt with that had the diagnosis when she worked at the health department. She said she can tell I am a perfectionist, like she is, and she is very right. She also told me to try to relax and not put so much pressure on myself. It was great to hear and she made me feel a lot better. She is totally right - I'm such a perfectionist and obsessed with making sure I'm eating the right amount of everything and my blood sugars are perfect. This has led to a lot of stress and even some anger, but I'm trying to take a step back and re-evaluate. Only 8 1/2 more weeks! I can do this. If not for me, for Emory!! Another thing that struck me when I was talking to the nurse is that I now understand what other's go through that have diabetes. It is difficult, trying, emotional, and frustrating. It's not fair. I understand that now and have a better understanding of the many out there that sometimes don't eat what they are supposed to.

On a happier note, last Saturday was our first shower at our house! It was such a great experience. The decorations, games, cake, and company were all wonderful! We got some great things also and are so excited. Our next shower is this Saturday and I can't wait!

Here are a couple of pictures of me from the shower.






I also wanted to put a few pictures of the nursery up. We are still doing a few things, like painting the wicker baskets, figuring out stuff to put on the walls (wall art) and getting cushions made for the glider. But, here are a few pictures.












Psalms 100
"Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations."

No comments: