CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

11.26.2010

1 Year Celebration!!

YES, I am finally posting!  I know I haven't posted in...say...forever.  Truth is, I started changing things around on my blog and next thing I knew I couldn't see it anymore when I tried to view it.  I was so frustrated that I just kind of gave up on it for awhile.  I have also been battling with the decision of shutting down this blog or keeping it going.  I kept thinking of shutting it down because sometimes it freaks me out thinking of posting my baby girl's pictures on a public blog, but then I started thinking of how much I am going to forget and how I SHOULD use this blog to write down things to remember!!

So, here goes.

My baby is ONE YEAR OLD! (November 17th that is)


For your ONE year birthday party, we had a small party at our house.  You came down with hand-foot-mouth disease (I hate how it's called disease because it sounds so awful, but whatever) a few days before your party so I had to call and un-invite all of the guests that had kiddos.  It was a pretty small event because of that, but you really had no idea.  You wore a pair of hot pink Rufflebutt bloomers and leggings that your Aunt Brenna bought you and a customized onesie.  Of course I tried to put a bow in your hair but you hate anything on your head at this point and ripped it right out!

You had a lot of fun at your party but you were very tired after.  Your smash cake was hot pink and you had hot pink icing stained on your skin for a couple of days!



So here are a few stats!

At one year you are wearing size 12-18 month clothes and wear a size 3 shoe.  You have TONS of clothes.
You are a great eater and love avocado, peas, beans, and any kind of pasta.
You LOVE to drink water and usually only drink either whole milk or water - though you still nurse about twice a day (morning and night).
You think everything is funny and giggle - which is the sweetest sound!
You are taking baby steps that your daddy and I call "Frankenstein" steps, but you don't have the confidence in yourself to just take off yet.  You can do it but just get too apprehensive and decide you'd rather crawl!
You are a HAM! and love attention of all kinds!
You have two bottom teeth and the two top teeth are FINALLY breaking through which has been a nightmare this past week!
You love to get into e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.  Your favorite things are trying to get into the dog's water and food bowl and our gas fireplace although I have learned that if I ignore you instead of get on to you when you crawl over there and look at me that you leave it alone.  You are really just getting in that fireplace to get a reaction from me!
*Knock on wood* you have slept 10-12 hours a night for the past 2-3 weeks! 
However, you are still a terrible napper (for me) and fight me most days when it's nap time.
You love Mickey Mouse - still! 
You give the BEST hugs in the morning when you just wake up!
and I love walking in your bedroom in the mornings because you are always standing there, holding the crib railing, jumping up and down on the mattress!  You sure do LOVE to jump!
You love to be swung around by your daddy!
(And now blogger won't upload any more pictures so I can't post any more...grrrr...)
You have learned how to push your push car around and think it is so funny!
You love to point at things and babble constantly.  You are really telling us things!
You have learned the "O" sound and have said "Open" once, although it was a loud "O" and then a "pen" whispered!
You love any other kid and think the dogs are SO funny.

However, you hate being told NO and any form of discipline!
You don't like to be confined to a space.
You don't like being put down when you are wanting to be held.
Most of the time you squirm and flip on your changing table so much that I have learned how to put a diaper on you while you are standing/jumping!!
You hate naptime - as previously mentioned.

Emory, you are the love of our lives!  I cannot express what you mean to us and I can't wait to watch you grow and learn!  Happy birthday baby girl!

1 comment:

FrouFrouBritches said...

Happy Birthday big girl! I can't believe she's so big! Love her birthday outfit. Nothing cuter than ruffles on the bootie! Precious!

Love the new blog background!