CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

6.19.2010

Sizzlin' Summer

(I started this post last week but my computer froze and erased it. So here we are again, hopefully it will work out this time!)

Man, is it HOT outside!


I don't know if it's the heat or the fact that Emory hasn't been sleeping well this past week that has literally exhausted me! I took my monthly work trip to Mt. Home this week and ever since then I have been really worn out. Emory is doing much better on the Milk of Magnesia regimen that we have started and I'd like to say thank you to all of my dear friends who have asked me how she is doing! The nurse from the GI clinic called to check on her the other day and help us take the next step in her daily regimen. Since then she has been doing pretty well!

Thursday my baby girl turned 7 months old! I cannot believe how fast time is flying by. I have really been slacking on the pictures lately, but I really plan on breaking out Andy's Canon and figuring it out so I can start taking pictures myself and not have to rely on him to take the good ones! Anyway - I was able to get this picture of her on her 7 month birthday!



Emory is 26 1/2 inches long (79th %ile) and 18#3 ounces (80th %ile). She is wearing 6-9 and 9 month clothes (and 12th month shorts because of her belly!) and is almost out of a size 1 shoe. I am still able to put excessive hairbows in her hair without her messing with them too much although sometimes she will pull them out and start waving them around or chewing on them. She sleeps okay at night. Some nights are better than others, but on many nights she will only wake up once to nurse and will fall back asleep. Those moments in the middle of the night when she is so sleepy is such a wonderful feeling for me.

Emory is doing so much now. She giggles SO much at everything and thinks so many things are funny. She loves to play on the floor with her toys and jump in her jumparoo while watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She LOVES that show!





Emory also really enjoys bathtime now. Sometimes I have to sit back on the tub (within reach) and let her splash around so I don't get a bath along with her! She loves to look at herself in the mirror and chew on the toys in the water. She is chewing on everything now, but still no teeth. I can really see the whites under her gums but am just waiting patiently for them to poke through. I can't picture her with teeth right now!




She is really starting to have seperation anxiety from me right now. I know it's because I nurse her and am with her ALL of the time, but she has gotten to where if she can't see me she gets REALLY upset! Even when Andy is holding her! I know that this is a temporary thing and that in just a blink of an eye she will be telling me she wants to go with her daddy instead of me, so I am trying to soak it all up!

Sunday was Andy's first real Father's day. Friday after work I drove to Krispy Kreme and got an assortment of 12 doughnuts ("doughnuts for dad"). I also ordered a picture of Emory and him for his new desk (YES!) and cards from both of us as well as a tee shirt with Emory's feet and handprints on it. When we got home from dinner Friday night he walked in and was surprised to see the gifts. I thought he enjoyed the surprise!




We are so excited that Andy starts his new job on Friday as a financial advisor for Merrill Lynch. It is going to be a very stressful job working with investments but we are very excited for this next step in our life. We are hoping to be able to move in the next few months to be closer to family. The options are endless right now and I really am excited about what is to come.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's day and celebrated those very important men in our lives - especially the One up above.

Eph 6:4
"And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord."

Photobucket

No comments: