CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

4.05.2010

Sweet Spring

Easter weekend has come and gone and my little girl continues to grow so fast. I can't believe the weeks are flying by as fast as they are. I guess working full time really helps the time go by.

This weekend was so good. I really look forward to the weekends now because I know that I will be able to spend time with my husband, daughter, and family. Not to mention dinner with my family on Friday nights and lunch with my sister, mom, and grandma on Saturdays. I just love these two "traditions" we have and look forward to them EVERY week!

Friday I left work a little early and met Andy and my sister and her boys at the zoo at 3:30. She watches Em on Fridays so she had all three kids in her backseat! Talk about a lot of carseats! The zoo was a lot of fun. I haven't been there in years so it was neat seeing the changes that they are making. The boys had a lot of fun and Andy got some great pictures!



Jude had lots of fun running around!



My baby girl and I...



About halfway through, she got soooo sleepy and fell asleep in her stroller. We then met mom and Ryan at Cactus Jack's for dinner and headed home for the night. Saturday I woke up early (as is the norm with a little one) and Andy and I decided to take Emory to see MaMaw (Andy's grandmother). It's hard to get out to see her because we are so busy, but we had a great visit and MaMaw was so happy to see her!





I did a little bit of shopping and went to lunch with the family and Andy and I spent a quiet night at home, grilling hamburgers and hanging out together as a family.

What's weird is that I woke up at exactly 6:52 on Sunday morning, which was sunrise on Easter. I thought that was a little uncanny. Our family got ready and went to Sunday school. For those of you that don't know my specific beliefs, we don't really celebrate Easter or Christmas per se for many different reasons. One major reason is because we celebrate Christ's birth and death every Sunday when we take memorials (communion). So, the day was not necessarily anything extra special for us, but every day that we are able to praise God and what He gave to us is special - which hopefully is EVERY day!

This weekend I have really been hit with so many emotions. I don't know if it's hormones or what, but I am really overwhelmed by such thankfulness as well as worry and anxiety. I guess I never knew I could love someone so much, and the thought of anything happening to her is frightening. I have spent a lot of time in prayer lately but feel that I need something more. I'm still finding my way in this area.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend full of family, friends, and most of all...FAITH!

II Corinthians 5:14-15
"For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again."

No comments: