CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3.25.2009

Sunshine Through Clouds

I'd like to take a minute to give thanks for answered prayers. I'm not the type of person to walk around saying "God is so good!" although I do believe it and think it continually. However, in the past two weeks I have been subjected to so many miracles that I just feel overwhelmed with gratitude towards God for all that I have and that others have been blessed with as well.

First of all, I'd like to thank God for bringing K and her fiance back together (hopefully) again. A few posts ago, I told the story of my friend K who has been separated from her fiance for about a year and a half now as he was denied renewal of his Visa to come back to the U.S. from his home in Nigeria. K has been having a rough time lately. Her mom had a severe wound and had to have a wound vac, then was put in the hospital, she was dealing with trying to get her fiance back to the U.S., all while making a major move and job change. I can't imagine the stress that she has been through. Yesterday I got her call and I could hear the tears in her voice when she said, "He's hopefully coming home!" He had his interview with the Embassy and it went well. If he passes his physical/medical examination in April he will be granted his Visa approximately a week later. I immediately started to tear up myself when she told me this.

I can't imagine her faith, not just in her fiance and her loyalty to him, but her faith in God. Over the past almost 2 years she has battled a variety of emotions, all the while coming back to praising God and knowing that He had a reason for the separation. Tonight Andy and I were driving to Home Depot and I just was hit with gratitude that I was able to take a simple drive with my husband to pick up some paint.

I am so thankful, as well, for my husband. He is so wonderful in so many ways. I can't say enough about this - so instead of trying to, I'll move on.

I'm also thankful for the choice of my MBA program. I am in the second block of my second semester right now. I will be finished in August (wow) and am so excited about what the future holds for me. I did choose a private Christian university for my program, and am very happy with this decision. One of my assignments this week for my Economics class was to describe the strengths and weaknesses of a capitalist society based on biblical principles. Not only was the paper and the discussion in class challenging, it was also refreshing to be able to quote my favorite verses while trying to hear other opinions. I am grateful that I have this freedom, another thing to thank God for.

I am very much thankful for my wonderful friends and family. There are a few that I would give a limb for or even my life. I am thankful that I have a good job and am surrounded by many positive, supportive, loving co-workers.

Take a minute to be thankful for all you have. I need to do this more often.

Psalms 31:19
"Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!"

1 comment:

Science Bear said...

While we don't always see eye to eye on things related to religion, I'm very glad things are going well for you! I haven't talked with K since we graduated, but I'm glad things are going well for her as well!!

Good luck on the remainder of your program, I know you'll do well :-)